Have you ever wanted to work with a truly ‘home run’ product and help it launch successfully?
If so, this may be the opportunity for you.
An automotive supplier has come up with a revolutionary yet simple idea in the electrical arena that improves peoples’ lives both in the car and out. It appears they will be first to market and have many patents for protection. Now the issue is launching it properly.
As a senior quality engineer, you must be able to hit the ground running regarding all aspects of APQP launch activities. From control plans to capability studies, the PPAP and customer contact is going to be huge to get the product out the door correctly. You must have a working experience with TS 16949. However, there are so many applications for this product, having AS 9100 is considered a plus.
You must have a completed Bachelor’s degree and an engineering degree is strongly preferred.
Ensures metal quality by conducting materials and structural component tests and evaluations for material characterization and failure analysis; maintaining standards; analyzing findings; preparing reports.
* Maintains quality standards by completing nondestructive tests, examinations, and inspections (NDT, NDE, NDI), including liquid penetrant inspection (PT), magnetic particle inspection (MT), radiographic inspection (RT), ultrasonic inspection (UT), and eddy current inspection (ET); applying accept/reject criteria.
* Identifies and characterizes materials samples by investigating atomic scale structures, using x-ray diffraction (XRD); analyzing findings.
* Determines materials macroproperties by examining materials microstructure, using scanning electron microscope (SEM), energy dispersive spectrometer (EDS), image analysis, thin film analysis, and failure analysis; analyzing findings. .
* Determines materials durability by conducting failure tests; analyzing findings.
* Improves materials, products, and processes by recommending changes based on analytical findings; investigating and resolving concerns; developing new tests.
* Prepares metallurgical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Improves quality results by following QS9000 standards; studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Helps customers by answering technical questions; responding to requests.
* Maintains safe work environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, trade shows, and conferences; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Research Skills, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Reporting Research Results, Scientific Curiosity, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Lab Environment, Attention to Detail, Innovation
Requirements & Skills:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
- Strong TS16949 background
- 3+ years experience as QE at Tier-1 or Tier-2 automotive supplier
- CQE or CQA a strong plus